Saturday, July 19, 2014

Room Progress


Well, I have spent about a week in my classroom so far. It is  looking fabulous, but there is still much to do. My plans to turn the closet into an office have been completed. The custodians even installed a real light switch so that I wouldn't have to use that weird key thing. My bulletin boards are papered with uniform fade less black, borders are doubled, pom-poms are hanging. I have organized the materials left for me by the former teacher. Now the main task that remains is to organize the classroom library. I have spent hours cataloging books...over ten banker boxes. All of the books are in piles according to Fountas and Pinnell Guided Reading levels. I just need to organize and label the baskets, but that will all happen after my ten days at the most magical place on earth.  Here are some of the projects that I have been working on for my bee-u-tiful room! 
 This is the cool bulletin board made with curtain and pillow scraps for my office. 

My daughter thought it would be cute to hang a sign for queen bee on my office door, so we fashioned this one from ribbon, scrapbook paper, felt stickers, a wooden accent and some cute ribbon.

I don't know what these are for yet, but they are cute! I originally had these buckets for picking sticks for reading at the junior high. I simply painted and jazzed them up for my new space.  

I purchased this great laundry basket at AC Moore. I couldn't resist the mini pillow pets. 
 photo signature_zps069b45f4.png

No comments:

Post a Comment