Monday, July 7, 2014

Classroom Design Day 1

Well, I was able to go into school today to begin working on my room for the new school year. When I arrived I snapped a few pictures of the bare bones. 

My room was formerly a special education room, so it has some extras like a kitchen, restroom and a large, awkward closet. However, since I tend to be a glass half full type of girl, I decided that the closet would make an awesome office thereby creating more kid space in the room proper. The photo above  is the basic office. Wait until you see what I have planned for this ugly shelf. 

The tiled area is the future location for my classroom library and swanky reading chair!

The front of the room....not sure yet. Maybe this is where I will put my small group reading/math instruction area. 

The kitchen area, restroom, and cubbies are in the back of the room. I spent a few hours in the room today mostly working on the office space. Tomorrow's plan is to build shelves and create the rough classroom library area, as well as, to cover all of the bulletin boards with Pacon fadeless black paper that I picked up today at A.C. Moore for around $7.00. 
This evening, I used a Pinterest to create the adorable pencil buckets. 

 photo signature_zps069b45f4.png

No comments:

Post a Comment